POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bass (WIP 139KB) : Bass (WIP 139KB) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Bass (WIP 139KB)
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 19 Apr 2006 15:32:47
Message: <4446905f@news.povray.org>
This scene was inspired by the '80's music video of "keeping the dream
alive". Was it Freitag that did that song?. The idea is to have a bass
playing by itself while throwing different shadows resembling diferent
styles of music, which in turn is derived from the Rock and Jazz/Classical
inspiration of the bass guitar's design.

The bass is mostly hand-coded b_splines (all the wood bits). The shadows are
image_mapped triangles in front of spotlights. I'm hoping to have this
finished in time for the IRTC. I'm guessing render-time was about 2hours. I
need to do something about the drums, maybe take them out completely.
Comments, suggestions and help welcome.

--
-Nekar Xenos-
"The truth is out there..."